BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Where I am

Love this!

In 2010 when I started Nurse Practitioner school, I imagined in October of 2012, I'd be settled into an amazing NP job in family practice, or ideally in pediatrics, in the Jackson area.  Even in August, September, October 2011, this was the goal I was working toward.  As my job search continued & job opportunities were looking slim, I decided that I was supposed to move back home & work in that area.

  So, I started seeing myself working in Meridian or the surrounding area, still in family practice with hopes of pediatrics.  The job search continued...with flashes of promising ideas here & there that always fell through.  By this point I was so confused.  Maybe what I had planned all along had been completely wrong, maybe I'm supposed to be somewhere else in the state of MS or maybe a different state entirely.

So, grudgingly, I began searching for jobs all over MS and even in other southwestern states.  Finally at the end of August 2012 I had a VERY promising option back towards the Jackson, MS area in PEDIATRICS....and then kind of out of the blue it, too, fell through.  I was very heartbroken & discouraged.

 And then one day, shortly after that I was looking on craigslist (of all places), under their job page for Meridian where I found an ad for a NP with an interest in dermatology.  Not that I was particularly interested in dermatology, but I wanted to explore ALL my options.  I sent my resume in & I got an interview with the doctor & she basically gave me the job right there.  As I'm starting to learn more about dermatology, the more I'm interested.

 So now in October 2012, I am just starting my first NP job in the Meridian area, in dermatology.  And now I can see, that even though I'm nowhere near where I thought I'd be...I'm exactly where God had planned for me!

0 comments: