BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 1, 2012

AT LAST

So, I've joined the Ultimate Blog Challenge for the month of October.  I hope I can keep up with it! It's actually kind of perfect because I'm starting a new chapter in my life.  One that I've been waiting for for a LONG time.  I started my new job today!  My first job as a Nurse Practitioner.  The bad part is that I have to do my training 4 hours from home.  Really not fun for a home body like me.  The doctor was nice enough to open her home to me during the few months I am going to be training, though...but in some ways that made the anxiety worse.  Until I actually got there, that is.  Now, I'm totally relaxed about my housing arrangement, now I can start stressing about the important stuff...learning all this DERMATOLOGY!

Now, about my first day.

Shortened version:
Sprained ankle. Paperwork. Bad News. Driving all the way home.

Extended version:
I think I am the only person who can sprain their ankle on the first day of their new job, before they even leave for work by simply walking down some stairs.  Yep, just walking down the stairs & I came down on my ankle and twisted it, leaving me with a self-diagnosed grade 1 sprain.  It's not too terrible, I'm still able to walk on it.  What a way to start the day!

But then I spend the day doing all sorts of fun paperwork, getting everything lined up.  Applying for my nursing license in Louisiana since I'm going to be training down there, signing my contract, applying for malpractice insurance, etc.  There is SO much that goes into it.  And then I find out, I can't actually start training until I get my license.  So now I'm in limbo.  Good news is though that I get to come back home, but I've got to start studying!  :)

I'm excited about this blog challenge, getting to explore my first month of this new part of my life through blogging...hope it interests y'all!



0 comments: