BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wait


Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:14

The past year has been extremely difficult for me.  All this time, this verse played a big part in my life.  God has provided for me, now, in an amazing way; in a way I never thought possible.  Last October, I was finished with school & planning on taking my certification for FNP.  I never foresaw a year-long search for a job.  I never imagined I'd be working in dermatology; a field not many nurse practitioners (around here) get the privilege of working in.  

During the past year, I got discouraged...A LOT.  It began to feel like finding a job was hopeless. Things would come up that would seem to be promising, and then like that it would fall through.  Even when this job came up, I was afraid to get my hopes up.  

God used Psalm 27:14 to speak to me numerous times during this past year.  I am stubborn and it took a while for me to get what he was saying.  It takes the most strength to wait for Him to do His will.  I wasn't being strong when I was anxious about money or about a job falling through, or not getting a phone call that I was hoping for.  When I was trying to do it for myself, I was at my weakest.   When I reached the bottom of what I could do, He was there to carry me to the wonderful plan He had for me all along.  Not that I'm saying that I've arrived now & I don't need Him anymore.  I need Him now more than EVER! He is the only reason I'm where I am.  

Praise God.  If you are going through a difficult time, remember, He's still there, waiting...sometimes we have to wait for Him.  His timing is always better than ours.  

0 comments: