BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 14, 2011

Wait for the Lord

Wait for the Lord; be strong & take heart & wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Throughout this whole job searching process, this verse has become my theme.  It reminds me that things happen in God's timing not mine.  I'm anxious & scared that I won't find a job.  I don't know what will happen if I don't.  But I do know that anxiety & fear aren't from God. God calls us to have faith in Him.  I saw a quote on Pinterest (totally addicted) that said "Faith in God includes faith in God's timing." So to have faith in Him, I must have faith that His timing is perfect.  Just because nothing is happening for me now, doesn't mean it won't happen, it just means that God has something better in store for me.  

The amazing thing is that I'm not in this by myself.  He says that he will never leave or forsake us.  Which means that He is ALWAYS there, even when I can't feel him.  And to be honest, at the moment, I'm in one of those places.  I'm not feeling his presence, I don't know if I'm doing what He wants, I don't feel a strong conviction about going this way or that, or calling this place about a job opportunity.   I am really anxious to hear something from Him because I'm stressing about a job.  But I don't believe that He isn't with me through my struggles.  I just know that He is choosing to be silent right now, no matter how much the enemy tries to make me doubt my relationship with Him.  Maybe none of the opportunities that are on the table is a part of His plan for my life, maybe something even better will come up tomorrow or the next day.  I just have to stay strong & wait for him.  His plan is far above anything I can imagine.  

So in ending this post, I ask for prayers for a job & for strength to simply wait for the Lord & his plan.  

0 comments: