BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 15, 2011

To Go or Not to Go?

Last September, I went on a medical mission trip to Nicaragua.  It was the most amazing experience.  God showed up and showed out and taught me a lot.  Well, I have been presented with an opportunity to back this September.  I want to go, I really do.  The thought of serving the Nicaraguan people and showing them God's love agian excites me.  But God hasn't told me to go yet.   Since I am in school and unemployed, I am unable to afford this trip on my own this year.  I know that if God calls me to go that He will provide, so I'm trying not to let that small fact cloud my eyes and ears. 

If I do decide to make the trip this year, it won't be with the same exact group of people.  The amazing couple who led our trip won't be leading it this year, but I do believe they will be going.  But we will join with another small group that is based out of a town near ours.  That fact really doesn't affect my decision, I'm kind of excited about getting to meet new people who have the same passion for serving our God as I do. 

Last year when I signed up to go on this trip, I just KNEW I had been called.  When I first saw the announcement on our church bulletin, I immediately thought "maybe I should go there" and then a few minutes later, my sister was like look, you should go on this trip.  After that I just knew I was going.  I didn't know a single other soul that was going on this trip, and as it turned out I was the youngest on our trip with the majority of the group being a good bit older than me.   This thought absolutely terrified me.  I had never been out of the country, much less with a group of people I didn't know.  But, God gave me comfort & strength and friends through this trip.

This year, when I first read the email about the prospect of going, at first I was like yeah, let's go...but immediately after I thought, well I can't afford it right now.  The trip is in September and I will finish school the first week of August, so that doesn't present an issue.  Last year, the majority of my trip was paid for by donations from friends & family.  I just don't know if I could ask them to do that again.  But like I've said earlier, God provides when He calls. 

So all you praying bloggers, I ask you to be in prayer for an answer from God, to go or not to go. 

0 comments: