BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kinda strange...

Sometimes when I have elderly patients in clinical it makes me miss my grandparents. They have all went to be with Jesus.   I had one of those moments today, especially missing my Mamaw Kelly (my mom's mom).  Maybe it's because her birthday would have been Monday or that next Wednesday it will have been 7 years since she left this world.  She babysat me from the time I was like 6 weeks old until I was about 9 when she had a stroke.  After the stroke, she wasn't the same Mamaw I had known, and had to be put in a nursing home for most of the rest of her time on this earth.  But when she died when I was 18, it still broke my heart into a thousand pieces.  I miss her everyday, and from time to time thoughts of her still make me cry.  I think of how she's in heaven now with no more pain, and her brain is fully restored, and she's walking, no running, around the streets of gold and it makes me smile, and long for the days when I'll see her again.  I was blessed with the greatest grandparents a girl could ask for, I just wish they hadn't been taken from me so early in my life.  But I have hope because I will see them again one day without the limitations of this world.

0 comments: