BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And reality hits

This morning I went to turn my badge in & get my severence package. I thought I had had my time to deal with it & that this morning wouldn't affect me. Boy was I wrong. I was ok as I walked into my manager's door, got a little teary when she hugged me. Then I was ok for a little bit. Then I nearly lost it as I walked to my unit, first when I saw the "Unit Closed: Do not enter" sign, and then when I saw just how abandoned the place looked already. It broke my heart. I made it to my car before the tears started flooding out. Losing your job is hard...never in my life did I think I'd experience it. A place I'd thought of as "home" with people I think of as "family". All suddenly gone. One thing I know is that even though we no longer have a home, we are still family...I love those girls & my heart breaks for them, but I know that God is their provider, just like he is mine & He is still there with them & they know that.

On a much happier note, I leave for Nicaragua in THREE days!!! I am so pumped & excited! I will be gone for 8 days sharing medical care & the Love of Christ! Its things like this that make me realize that I am still a nurse, even though I don't have a job anymore, that doesn't take away my identity as a nurse! God is with me & He knows what He is doing even when I don't!

0 comments: